Dr. K. S. Hari
Post-Doctoral Fellow (non-degree), London School of Economics and Political Science
Ph.D. Economics, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi (at Centre for Development Studies, Thiruvananthapuram).
M.Phil. Applied Economics, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi (at Centre for Development Studies, Thiruvananthapuram).
M.A. Development Economics, University of Calicut (at Dr. John Matthai Centre, Thrissur).
- Academic Details
- Research Interest/ Specialisation
- Selected Publications
- Projects completed
- Google Scholar/ Research Gate Profile
- Membership of Reputed Professional Bodies
- Awards/ Honours/ Distinctions/ Recognition
- 2018-19, Subir Chowdhury Post-Doctoral Fellow at London School of Economics and Political Science, London.
- 2013, PhD in Economics from Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India (Centre for Development Studies, Thiruvananthapuram)
- 2000: MPhil in Applied Economics from Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India (Centre for Development Studies, Thiruvananthapuram).
- 1998: Qualified the University Grants Commission (UGC), Government of India, National Eligibility Test for Lectureship with Junior Research Fellowship.
- 1998: Master of Arts in Development Economics from University of Calicut (Dr. John Matthai Centre, Thrissur, Department of Economics, University of Calicut), Kerala, India.
General area of research interest in Development Economics. Specific research interest in Labour and Employment in India, Skilling India, Human Development and Economic Growth, Financing of Human Development and regional economic development.
Development Economics, Public Economics and Political Economy of India’s Development.
- “Millennium Development Goals to Sustainable Development Goals: The Long Road Ahead of India”. Anvesak (Forthcoming)
- “ Regional Dimension of India’s Employment Growth in Recent Years”, K.S. Hari and Hema S. Kurup, Indian Journal of Regional Science (Forthcoming)
- “Market Orientation and Export Performance under ASEAN- India Free Trade Agreement: The case of India’s Rubber and Rubber Products”. J. Joseph and K.S. Hari, Journal of Asian Economic Integration (Forthcoming) (Sage Journal).
- “Comparative Advantage and Export Performance of India’s Rubber Sector: An Exploratory Analysis” J. Joseph and K.S. Hari, Journal of Rubber Research, Volume 22, No. 3. September 2019 (Springer Journal)
- “State Exchequer Post Demonetization: Tale of Maharashtra Budget 2017-18” in UmeshDeshmukh, T.V.G. Sharma and Sudhakar D. Bhoite (ed) Demonetization and Remonetization: Issues and Challenges for Global Business, Readers Press, New Delhi, 2018.
- “Cooperative Federalism: Implications for Social Sector Expenditure in India” in Naseer Ahmed Khan (ed), Challenges and Issues in Indian Fiscal Federalism, Springer Nature, Singapore 2018.
- Progress in Reducing Child Under Nutrition in India, Economic and Political Weekly, Vol. 50, No. 3, pp. 23-26, January 2015.
- Poverty and Inequality in India: Social Science Spectrum, Vol. 1. No. 4. December, 2015.
- “Economic Development in India: An interstate analysis” Arthavijnana, No. 2. March, 2013.
- “Foreign Remittances & its Macro Economic Impact on Indian Economy”, International Journal for Advanced Research in Emerging Disciplines, Vol1. No.1, March 2013.
- “State Finances of Maharashtra”: A study on State Finances of Maharashtra for the Fifteenth Finance Commission, Government of India (Submitted in July 2018).
- “Employment Generation through affirmative State Action: A Case Study of Pradhan Mantrai Mudra Yojana (PMMY) in Pune District of Maharashtra”, Indian Council of Social Science Research, (ICSSR) New Delhi.
- Indian Society for Labour Economics
- Indian Regional Science Association, India
- London School of Economics and Political Science, Subir Chowdhury Post-Doctoral Fellowship, 2018-19.
- Reserve Bank of India, Scholarship for Faculty Members from Academic Institutions – 2018.
- K. N. Raj Teacher Fellowship 2017, Awarded by Centre for Development Studies, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, India.
- University Grant Commission, Government of India: Senior Research Fellowship 2002-2004 (PhD)
- University Grant Commission, Government of India: Junior Research Fellowship 1999-2002 (M.Phil and PhD).