Ph.D. Application form for Admission 2023-24 – Click here
The Institute shall offer the Degree of Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Population Studies and Sustainable Development during the academic year 2023-24.
Master’s Degree in Economics/Agricultural Economics/Population Studies/ Sustainable Development with at least 55 percent marks (50 percent for reserved category candidates i.e. SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled, Economically Weaker Section (EWS)/ DTNT/ VJNT and other categories of candidates as per the Government of Maharashtra Reservation Policy).
Number of Seats
For the academic year 2023-24, admission will be only for subjects Economics, Agricultural Economics, Population Studies and Sustainable Development.
|S.No.||Subject||Number of Vacancy|
Procedure for Admission:
The candidates who have qualified UGC NET/ JRF/ SET or M.Phil. with 55 % marks through regular and not distance mode will be exempted from the GIPE entrance examination. They will be directly eligible for Ph.D. interview. All other candidates have to undertake admission through the GIPE entrance examination mode.
- a) Ph.D. Entrance Examination
- The Entrance Examination will be of 100 marks with multiple choice type questions.
- Entrance Test Paper consists of 100 marks objective questions.
- The syllabus of the question paper includes research methodology, basic statistics, logical reasoning and basic mathematics.
- Each correct answer carries 1 Mark.
- There is “NO NEGATIVE MARKING” for wrong answers.
- The time duration of this entrance exam is 120 minutes.
- b) Submission of Research Proposal
- Those candidates who are shortlisted for the interview will be informed in the website of the institute and via email by 30th June, 2023. They have to submit their Research Proposal by 15th July,2023.
- c) Schedule of Ph. D. Programme
- The interview will be held in the last week of July and the selected candidates will have to join for the programme in the first week of August,2023.
- The coursework will commence in August and will be completed in December (one full semester course).