Asawa is the program coordinator for the B.Sc. Economics program at the Institute. He is an econometrician and a monetary economist. He teaches stats and econometrics, advises students on their project work, and loves using STATA, EViews, SPSS, and Excel while delivering his lectures, giving students a hands-on experience in the classroom.
His research area is resource economics, and his work is primarily empirical in nature, based on large surveys. He works on several projects in parallel with academics and research. He has worked with Maharashtra Electricity Regulatory Commission (MERC), Maharashtra Water Resources Regulatory Authority (MWRRA), and municipal corporations of Mumbai and Pune.
He was actively involved in setting up two new postgraduate programs and one undergraduate program.
- Books & book chapters
- Research papers
- Completed projects
- Ongoing projects
- Honours & Distinctions
Seasonal Migration: A Temporal Analysis (special reference to Sugarcane Cutter in Maharashtra) by Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, Pune (ISBN 978-81-930376-2-1), 2016.
- Alcohol Consumption and Its Implication in India, Anvesak, Vol (51) (1), pp 113-130, accepted February 22, 2022, publishing in forthcoming issue (with Ishan Janbandhu)).
- Mapping of Migrants Based on Caste, Origin, and Destination: An Insight into the Sugarcane Migrants in Maharashtra, edited by Nripendra Kishore Mishra, “Development Challenges of India After Twenty Five Years of Economic Reforms: Inequality, Labour, Employment and Migration” (2020), Springer, Singapore, Print ISBN 978-981-15-8265-3, Online ISBN- 978-981-15-8265-3, Page no 491-441
- Community Partnership in Irrigation: A study of Nira Deoghar Project in Maharashtra, Arth Vijnana, Vol. LX No.2, June 2018, pp. 148-172.
- A Study on Perceived Risk & Trust in Online Shopping a Comparative Study Among Various Demographic Groups, (March 6, 2016). Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=2820655 or http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.2820655 (with Dr Vinay Kumar)
- Sugarcane Cutter Migrants in Maharashtra: A Temporal Analysis, in Indian Economy: A Roadmap towards Development, edited by V V Singh (2016), Flying Pen Publications, Jaipur, ISBN: 978-81-929590-9-6, Page No: 128-149 (with Ummed Singh).
- Alternative ways of managing supply side in micro-finance: Study of RRB, Cooperative Societies, Chit Fund and Informal Lenders, Journal of Management and Science-JMS, JMS (http://jms.nonolympictimes.org) - Open access journal(2015), ISSN: 2249-1260/E-ISSN: 250-1819(with Prasad Pol).
- Tourism and its Impact on Economic Growth and Environment, The Asian Economic Review: Journal of the Indian Institute of Economics.- Indian Institute of Economics, [ISSN 0004-4555], 8/2014 - Vol. 56, 3, p. 147-162 (with Umer Jeelanie Banday and Garima Kaushik).
- Affordable Housing in Maharashtra, Artha Vijnana, Vol. LVI No.2, June 2014, pp. 208-220 (with Rajas Parchure).
- A Critical Evaluation of SKS Micro-finance Fiasco: Comparison With Crisis in Global Micro-finance Industry, Indian Journal Of Finance, [ISSN 0973 – 8711] 04/ 2014; Vol. 8(6):7-21(with Prasad Pole and Deepak Shah).
- Securitisation of Micro-loans: An Indian Perspective of the Innovation in Micro-finance Industry, [ISSN: 0972-5105] 01/2014; Vol. 20 (No. 1):62-75 ( with Prasad Pole and Deepak Shah)
- Sample Survey of Agriculture Consumers in identified feeders for selected districts in Maharashtra, funded by the Maharashtra Electricity Regulatory Commission (MERC), Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Seasonal Migration: A Temporal Analysis (special reference to Sugarcane Cutter in Maharashtra) funded by Janarth, an NGO based in Aurangabad, Maharashtra
- Pre-feasibility report for Nira-Deoghar Irrigation Project, Taluka Bhor, District Pune; Through a Uniquely Designed PPP Model, sponsored by Maharashtra Krishna Valley Development Corporation, (MKDVC), Government of Maharashtra, Maharashtra, Supported by Maharashtra Water Resource Regulatory Authority (MWRRA), Mumbai, May 2014 ( with Rajas Parchure et al. 2015)
- Affordable Housing in Maharashtra, sponsored by Mumbai Transformation Support Unit (MTSU), Supported by the Government of Maharashtra, Mumbai, Maharashtra, (with Rajas Parchure et al. 2012)
- In-depth study in the matter of tariff determination for the Non-qualifying/ Incidental Bagasse Based Cogeneration Plants in Maharashtra, sponsored by the Maharashtra Electricity Regulatory Commission (MERC), Mumbai, Maharashtra (with Rajas Parchure et al. 2011).
- In-depth study in the matter of tariff determination for the Non-qualifying/ Incidental Bagasse Based Cogeneration Plants in Maharashtra (additional work) sponsored by the Maharashtra Electricity Regulatory Commission (MERC), Mumbai, Maharashtra (additional work separately assigned by the MERC) (with Rajas Parchure et al. 2011).
- A Study on Demand Projection of Telecom Service in Rajasthan, sponsored by Department of Telecommunication, Govt. of India, New Delhi in 2002-03 (under Principal Investigator Prof M L Chhipa).
- A study on Demand projection of Telecom service in Gujarat, sponsored by Department of Telecommunication, Govt. of India, New Delhi in 2004-05(under Principal Investigator Prof M L Chhipa)
- Tribal Migration:Issues and Solution- Special reference to Katkari Tribes
- Demographic survey to prepare the development plan for the newly added 11 villages in Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC), Funded by Pune Municipal Corporation, Pune, Maharashtra
- Socio-Economic survey to prepare the development plan for the newly added 11 villages in Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC), Funded by Pune Municipal Corporation, Pune, Maharashtra
- Housing survey to prepare the development plan for the newly added 11 villages in Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC), Funded by Pune Municipal Corporation, Pune, Maharashtra
- Survey Study of the Gold loan in India funded by Manappuram Finance Limited.
- Human Development Report of Aurangabad District, Maharashtra (draft report submitted)
- Life Member of the Indian Econometric Society.
- Life Member of the Rajasthan Economic Association (REA).
- Life Member of the Input-Output Research Association (IORA).
- Conferred with “Best Professor in Econometrics” by Business School Affaire & Dewang Mehta National Education Awards (regional Round) on September 26, 2017
- Member of the syllabus committee for the Post Graduate Diploma in Econometrics, Department of Economics, Vardhaman Open University, Kota
- Member of the Board of Studies, Department of Economics, Fergusson College(Autonomous), Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune