Atreyee Sinha Chakraborty
An Assistant Professor at Gokhale, Atreyee’s primary research interests are international trade, with a special focus on non-tariff barriers. Her secondary focus area is the economics of discrimination, the reasons behind the persistence of gaps in attainments for marginalized groups. She has written review papers on the history of economic thought and perception of discrimination by different schools of thought.
She is the program coordinator for the M.Sc. International Business Economics and Finance program. She teaches Microeconomics I and II under various programs offered at Gokhale. Behavioural economics and understanding the errors in cognition particularly interest her. She is supervising five PhD scholars.
Atreyee loves reading storybooks, reciting poems and listening to music. She loves to tread on the balance between professional and personal life. Her regular practise of yoga helps her a lot.
- Select Publications
- Working papers
- Papers presented
- Remote Village Electrification Through Biofuel Route with Local Participation-an effort to Combat Exclusion, published in S.N . Tripathy (ed), “Inclusive Policies and Removal of Social Disadvantage”, 2010, pp. 111-128, (ISBN 978-93-80031-95-8)
- Export Standards and Export Losses in Global Trade: Need for Harmonization of Standards, published in Social Science Spectrum Vol 1, No 2, June 2015, pp. 142-152 (ISSN:-2454-2806)
- Innovation and North-South Trade, published in International Journal of Advances in Management Technology and Engineering Sciences Vol IV, Issue 12(II), September 2015. pp. 106-110 (ISSN2249-7455)
- Innovation, Technology Transfer and North-South Trade, published in the International Journal Of Economics &Management Studies, Volume3, Issue 4, September 2016, (ISSN:2393-9125)
- Economics of Discrimination: A Brief Review of Literature, published in Social Science Spectrum Vol 2, No 3, September 2016, pp. 203-207 (ISSN:-2454-2806)
- Financial Inclusion of Marginalised Population in India-a review, published in Research Journal of Economics and Business Studies Vol 7 , No 7, May 2018 (ISSN 2251-1555)
- Economic Discrimination against the women - A brief review of theoretical literature, published in Mahila Vishwa –Visheshank March 2018
- Regional Trading Blocs and Global Welfare –The need of focusing on harmonisation of “standards” with reference to RTBSs, published in conference proceedings of 12th world congress of RASI May 29-June01,2018, Goa, India. ISBN:978-989-54216-0-2
- Financial Inclusion: Macroeconomic Implications, published in Research Journey-International E-research Journal May 2019 ISSN:2348-7143
- Prevalence of diarrhoea among under-five children in India and its contextual determinants: A geospatial analysis, jointly with Kaustav Ghosh and Mithun Mog published in Clinical Epidemiology and Global Health, Volume 12, October –December 2021, 100813
- Childhood Morbidity and its association with Socio-economic and health care condition among Under 5 years children in West Bengal: An evidence from NFHS-5, 2019-20, jointly with Koustav Ghosh and Shoummo Sen Gupta), published in International Journal of Medicine and Public health, Vol 11, Issue 3, July - Sep 2021
- Domestic violence, women from marginalised communities & COVID -19- “The shadow pandemic, published in Mukt Shabd Journal. Vol XI Issue 1, January 2022 ISSN No:2347-3150 (UGC care group I journal)
- A Brief Survey of Handbook on the History of Economic Analysis Volume I (Great Economists Since Three Centuries) jointly with Prof Rajas Parchure (already submitted)
- A Brief Survey of Handbook on the History of Economic Analysis Volume II (Schools of thoughts in Economics) jointly with Prof Rajas Parchure (already submitted)
- Perception of Discrimination by different schools of thought in Economics
- Contributed as session chair for “International Business and Finance” in International Conference on Finance and Applied Economics organised by Marathwada Mitra Mandal’s Institute of Management Education Research Training in association with Gokhale Institute of Economics and Politics, Pune from 15-17 February,2019
- Delivered an invited lecture on the topic “Violence, Women from Marginalised Community and Covid 19-Consequences on Women Empowerment" on 31.3.2022 in the national seminar jointly arranged by Pathar Pratima Mahavidyalaya , West Bengal in collaboration with Indian Science congress Association. Kolkata Chapter titled: “Science and Technology for sustainable development and women empowerment”.
- “Export Standards and protectionism - Do all “standards” have “protectionist” intention?”-presented in Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics “Faculty Seminar Series” on 14.11.14
- “Export Standards and protectionism in Global Trade-The need for harmonisation of standard”-presented in International Conference on “Preferential Trade Agreement, Regional Trade Agreement And India’s Trade Policy at Fergusson College, Department of Economics, Pune, in February 2015
- “Innovation and North South Trade”-presented in International Conference on Innovation: Leading The Revolution jointly organised by Dnyansagar Arts and Commerce College and Indo Global Chamber of Commerce on 12/13 September 2015
- Financial Inclusion-a Macroeconomic Perspective” –presented in International Conference on “Reforms in Indian Banking System: Retrospect and Prospects” organised by MAEER’s MITSOM College Pune, in Association with Savitribai Phule Pune University on 11-13 January 2017
- “Financial Inclusion- Macroeconomic Implications ” presented in national conference on “Public Policy, Governance and Advocacy, towards a sustainable society” organised by St Mira’s College for Girls, Pune in association with Savitribai Phule Pune University on 9/10 February 2018
- “Regional Trading Blocs and Global Welfare –The need of focusing on harmonisation of “standards” with reference to RTBS” presented - in the 12th World Congress of the Regional Science Association International (RSAI) held in Goa, India, from May 29 to June 1
- Evaluation Study of SC Hostels in Maharashtra (report submitted), Gokhale Institute of Politics & Economics, Pune, July 2018 to June 2019. Funded by: DES, Government of Maharashtra.
- “Appraisal of Draft Development Plan prepared by the Municipalities in Kolkata Metropolitan Area” under the DFID supported Kolkata Urban Services for Poor (KUPS) Programme, Institute of Social Sciences, Kolkata, January - April 2007. Funded by: DFID.
- “Survey of Indian Exporting Firms Facing Non Trade Measures,” Jointly conducted by The Bengal Chamber of Commerce & Industry and Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Contemporary Studies, July, 2004 to September, 2004. Funded by: Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Contemporary Studies, New Delhi.
- Livelihood transition, poverty and child care transition and its effect on child undernutrition in the tribal regions of India and South Africa, Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, August 21-August 23. Funded by: ICSSR (joint Research Project under ICSSR (India) –NIHSS (South Africa) Joint Research Programme in the field of Social Sciences.
- Role of Women in Agricultural Sector: Case of Maharashtra, Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, Sept’21-March’22. Funded by: Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India.
- Gap Analysis of Tribal Education in Maharashtra, Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, March’21-till date. Funded by: Centre for the Study of Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy.