Naresh is currently on deputation as a Director (Economics) in the Combination Division of the Competition Commission of India (CCI), a central regulatory authority. He is an Associate Professor of Economics at Gokhale Institute.
He did his doctoral research in the area of trade policy (Antidumping-Comparative Perspective and Indian Experience) from Gokhale. He has worked on village development plans, district vision documents, and regional growth strategies. He has worked with the High-Level Committee on Balanced Regional Development in Maharashtra (popularly known as the Kelkar Committee), and with the Fifteenth Finance Commission.
Trade policy, development economics, law and economics, decentralised planning and local governance, competition law and economics are his research areas.
- Books & Reviews
- Research articles
- Papers presented
Compiled a course material “Business Economic I” for B.COM, for IDOL, University of Mumbai Press, 2009.
Edited and Contributed the following chapters in the Jalna Vision document-2032, which has three sections: Introduction, Profile of the District, and Tourism in Jalna.
Reviews and Discussions
Rakesh Mohan, Growth with Financial Stability: Central Banking in an Emerging Market, Oxford University Press, YMCA Library Building, Jai Singh Road, New Delhi- 110001(Published in Artha Vijnana).
Satish K. Jain (Ed.), Law and Economics, Oxford University Press, New Delhi, 2010 (Published in Artha Vijnana).
Bidyut Chakrabarty and Prakash Chand: Public Administration in a Globalizing World, Sage Publication India, New Delhi, 110044 (Published in Artha vijnana).
Sankar Kumar Bhaumik: Principles of Econometrics: a modern approach using Eviews, Oxford University Press, New Delhi (Accepted in Artha vijnana).
Ajit Kumar Singh, N.S. Ravi, O.P. Pandey (Ed.), Transparency Disclosure and Governance, Concept Publishing Company, New Delhi. (Accepted in Artha vijnana).
- ‘Correlation and Volatility Transmission across International Stock Markets: A Bivariate GARCH Analysis’, with P. Sakthivel and B. Kamiah, International Journal of Economics and Finance, Vol. 4 No. 3, March 2012. URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.5539/ijef.v4n3p253.
- ‘Jalna District: The Next Twenty Years’, Artha Vijnana Vol. LVI, No. 2, June 2014, pp.
- ‘Regional Growth Strategies for the Rest of Maharashtra’, with Pradeep Apte and Akshay Dhume, Artha Vijnana Vol. LVI, No. 2, June 2014, pp.
- ‘Transportation Vehicle management in Andhra Pradesh: A Case Study’ with Prof. V.V.N.Somaya julu and K. A. Rajani, South Asian Journal of Management Research, January 2013.
- Soybean Sector in Maharashtra: Bring Hope, Not Distress' with Sangeeta Shroff and Jayanti Kajale, Agriculture Situation in India, Special Issue on "An insight into Persistent Agrarian Crisis". 2015.
- "Agrarian Distress: Case of Maharashtra”, with Sangeeta Shroff and Jayanti Kajale, Agriculture Situation in India, Special Issue on "An insight into Persistent Agrarian Crisis" 2015.
- The Trade Effects of Antidumping Policy: Evidence from India, Job Market Paper.
- Presented a Paper ‘Antidumping Practices by Major Users: Evidence from the DSB orders’ at the International Conference on Law and Economics, organized by the Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, Pune on 15th and 16th December 2018.
- Presented a Paper on ‘Regional Development Gaps and the growth strategies for Marathwada’ at an International Conference organized by the Department of Economics, Dr B. R. Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad.
- Presented a paper “National AD legislations: Critical Survey of DSB Rulings” in the International Conference on Law and Economics, at the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad on 19th and 20the December 2017.
- Presented a paper “Antidumping Proliferation: Trends and Patterns” in the National Conference organised by the Department of Economics, the University of Mysore on 10th August 2016.
- Presented a paper “Regional Disparities in Maharashtra” at the International Conference of Indian Input-Output Association held at Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, Pune from 6th – 8th March 2012.
- Presented a paper ‘Socio-Economic consequences of delays in Judicial Administration’ in National consultation on ‘Current Challenges in Civil and Criminal Justice Deliverance system’, held at SYMBIOSIS Law School, Pune, on 29th January 2012.
- Presented a paper ‘Rural Financial Inclusion: Role of Co-operative Banks and Credit Societies’ at 94th Annual Conference of Indian Economic Association, held at Bharati Vidyapith, Pune from 27th -29 December 2011.
Presented a paper ‘Global Recession: challenges and opportunities for Indian Textile industry’ National conference organised by Sinhgadh’s Navale College of Commerce and Arts, Lonavala, Maharashtra from 7th to 9th January 2010.
- ‘Regional Growth Strategies for the Region covered by Development Board (Rest of Maharashtra)’. It was commissioned by the Government of Maharashtra as a sub-group study for the High-Level Committee on balanced regional development in Maharashtra popularly known as Kelkar Committee.
- “Jalana Vision 2032” a vision document (A Perspective Development Plan for twenty years) for the Jalna District of Maharashtra, commissioned by the District Planning Committee, Jalna District Collector.
- Organized a one-day Pre-budget workshop/consultation on ‘The state finances in Maharashtra’ on 22nd January 2016 for the Ministry of Finance, Government of Maharashtra State.
- Prepared a village development plan for a Tribal Village ‘Jawarla’ of Nanded District of Maharashtra State in 2018.
- Worked on project ‘Evaluation of State Finances of Maharashtra’ commissioned by the Fifteenth Finance Commission of India.
- Member of Board of Management of Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, Pune.
- Member of Board of Studies of Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, Pune.
- Member of Board of Studies at MIT Peace University, Pune.
- Member of the Research Committee of Vaikunth Mehta National Institute of Cooperative Management (VAMNICOM), Pune.
- Member of Board of Studies of Thakur College, Mumbai.
- Member of Board of Studies of Changu Kana Thakur (CKT) College of Commerce and Science, Panvel.
- Member of Board of Studies of Sir Parshuram College (SP) of Arts and Science, Pune.
- Member of Board of Studies of Tuljaram Chatuchand (TC) College of Arts, Commerce and Science, Baramati, Dist.- Pune.
- Member of Editorial Board of Gokhale Institute Journal “Artha Vijnana”.
- Treasurer of Indian Association of Law and Economics, India.
- Convener of the Equal Opportunity Cell, Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, Pune.