Rules of the Hostel
1. The Institute has limited Hostel accommodation on a shared basis.
2. The inmates shall not interchange their allotted rooms without prior permission of the Rector. Requests for the same shall be entertained only on medical grounds. Hostel authority deserves the right to do any kind of reshuffling of rooms or change in room allotment and compliance is mandatory.
3. Students are expected to conduct themselves in a manner befitting the Institute’s stature. They shall not indulge in any activity which may bring disrepute to the Institute.
4. The inmates should observe decorum in the hostels and the residential campus. Since the hostels are located in a residential area, loud music, late night activity, and partying in the campus is not permitted. Students shall not cause any discomfort or inconvenience to other fellow students or to other residents on the campus.
5. Celebration of birthdays inside the hostels and the residential campus is not permitted.
6. Celebration of festivals and bursting of firecrackers are not permitted.
7. For any cultural event /sports event / any other event prior permission of authority is necessary.
8. Consumption of alcoholic drinks, smoking, eating paan/tobacco products and spitting is strictly prohibited in the residential campus.
9. Subscription to the hostel mess is compulsory for all inmates. Students residing at the hostel shall be required to pay the mess charges upfront along with the tuition fees.
10. The Institute shall appoint a Mess Committee comprising student representatives, rectors, members of the teaching/non-teaching staff and the manager/representative of the mess contractor. The Committee shall oversee the general functioning of the student mess and shall monitor quality, cleanliness, maintenance and upkeep of the kitchen/dining hall, etc.
11. The use of electrical appliances such as heaters, irons, immersion rods, etc., is not permitted in the rooms. Under no circumstances shall cooking be permitted in the hostels.
12. The inmates shall be responsible for the hostel property in their charge. They shall be required to pay the cost of repairs in case of damage caused by them to the furniture, electric fittings or the building, whether intentionally or otherwise.
13. The inmates shall be responsible for cleanliness of their rooms. They are expected to clean their room on their own and keep the hostel premises clean.
14. Resident students shall consciously develop water and energy saving habits and avoid wasteful, improper use of water and electricity, as well as amenities such as furniture, water coolers, washing machines, etc. provided in the hostels.
15. Under no circumstances shall students be permitted to allow any person to stay overnight in their rooms.
16. Hostel residents may avail of ‘Night Out’ with the express permission of the Rector or any other official authorized by Institute. Permission for a Night Out should be sought in writing, indicating the address with telephone number at which the student will be spending the night. The rector should be informed before long leave/going for home town etc. Please note informing the rector/ getting permission for leave is only related to hostel records. Regarding academic matters (e.g. fulfillment of requirement of attendance criteria and appearance in examination , mode of examination etc) student has to abide by the instruction of Program coordinator/examination section/ academic office and rules of GIPE.
17. Male students/visitors are not permitted to enter the Girls’ Hostels .
18. Female students are not permitted to enter the Boys’ Hostels .
19. Ragging inside or outside the Institute campuses is strictly banned. Legal action will be initiated against students involved in ragging, as per provisions of the UGC Anti-Ragging Regulations, 2009.
20. The Institute will not be responsible for any loss of money or valuables. Students are advised not to keep ornaments, jewelry, and large sums of money with them.
21. Students’ vehicles in residential campus are not allowed.
22. The gates of the residential campus shall remain closed from 11.30.00 p.m. to 5.00 a.m. No student shall be permitted to leave or enter the campus during the above period except with prior permission of the Rectors or any other official authorized by the Institute.
23. Aimless roaming in the campus will not be allowed by the students during the above mentioned time period. All the inmates will be expected to be in their allotted rooms.
24. In accordance with the UGC guidelines on safety of students, the residential campus shall be under CCTV surveillance.
25. Resident students must vacate their rooms at the end of the academic year and hand over the rooms to the authorized official.
26. Inmates are expected to show Covid Appropriate behavior like wearing face mask in public area, maintaining physical distance, avoiding public gathering and unnecessary travel.
27. The hostel authority reserves the right to ask any student to go into quarantine or undergo testing as and when required.
28. If there is any untoward incident of coronavirus infection the student should immediately report to the authority and should not hold any other member of student and staff responsible for the same.
29. The hostel authority reserves the right to put further restrictions on movements of students outside the campus as per covid situation in Pune and compliance is mandatory.
30. The situation with regard to the covid-19 virus is extremely fluid, and government regulations pertaining offline attendance are subject to change at very short notice. If new rules are implemented, the responsibility of arranging travel back to native place will rest on the student, not Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics (GIPE).
31. If any inmate staying in the hostel is found violating the rules of the hostel in letter and spirit, or found indulging in any activity that is not conducive to maintenance of decorum at the residential campus, he/she shall be liable for disciplinary action as may be recommended by the Disciplinary Committee and as approved by the Hostel authority.