The Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics seeks to appoint a Communication Officer to drive its digital transformation initiative by assisting in communications, outreach and dissemination.
The Communication Officer at GIPE will primarily disseminate research, academic updates, and material about current events to the press, and the core audience. He/she will be creative in his/her outlook, build a core audience, and engage with it regularly with the use of the newest digital tools available, in all product formats possible, including text, audio, and video. The detailed responsibilities are as given below:
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in communications/engineering/social sciences
- 5-7 years of experience, preferably in journalism, digital communication, public relations
- Ability to write, communicate, and disseminate information with the clarity of purpose
- Ability to quickly implement new digital tools in communications, operations, and project management
- Familiarity with economic and financial developments
- Brief knowledge of economic analysis, public data, research methodology and tools, and the academic universe
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and website fundamentals
- Ensure digital visibility of the Institute and make its presence in the digital media across the globe
- Plan, produce, and ensure the quality of digital products – newsletters, podcasts, videos
- Disseminate past, existing, and upcoming research, events, projects, and academic developments on the website and all media channels
- Create, develop, and handle social media accounts (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, among others)
- Provide inputs for redeveloping the website, design and managing new standalone web pages, Wikipedia and other pages
- Interact with, and maintain rapport with local, state and national press for information dissemination
- Maintain a system for effective internal communication using new digital tools, including email
Pay and perks are commensurate with the qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates are required to mail their CV with links to relevant works along with a covering letter to the following mail id before June 22, 2022: email@example.com
Applications received after the last date may not be considered. The applications and the CV may be sent as separate files. Merely fulfilling the essential qualifications does not confer any right to an applicant to face the interview. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.