ARTHA VIJNANA, started in March 1959, is a quarterly journal of the Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics. This is a peer refereed journal which publishes papers on economics and demographic, social, political and legal subjects allied to economics.
Publishing Information Artha Vijnana is published four times a year in March, June, September, and December. The ISSN number of the journal is 0971-586X. All correspondence should be addressed to the Managing Editor, Artha Vijnana, Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, BMCC Road, Pune 411004, India. Email should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Announcement of prizes for the best articles published in Artha Vijnana in the year 2018
We are happy to announce that the Editor of the Artha Vijnana has decided that
- The Gopal Krishna Gokhale Memorial Annual Prize for the most outstanding article published in it by one or more authors (irrespective of age) be awarded to Heinz D. Kurz for the article entitled “Power – The Bête Noire in Much of Modern Economics” (Vol. LX , No. 4, December 2018, pp. 319-376) and,
- The D.R. Gadgil Memorial Annual Prize for the most outstanding article published in it by a single author below the age of 40 years be awarded to Gurpreet Singh Pannu for the article entitled “Some Observations on Ajit Sinha’s Interpretation of the Sraffa System” (Vol. LX, No. 1, March 2018, pp. 90-94).
Our heartiest congratulations to the prize winners.
Rahul Nilakantan (Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics)
Anurag Asawa(Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics)
Prashant Bansode(Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics)
Naresh Bodkhe(Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics)
Jean Dreze (University of Allahabad)
Jayanti Kajale (Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics)
K L Krishna (Delhi School of Economics)
R. Nagarajan(International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS),Mumbai
Rajas Parchure(Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics)
Anjali Radkar(Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics)
Indira Rajaraman (Reserve Bank of India)
Bibhas Saha (University of East Anglia)
Partha Sen (Delhi School of Economics)
Deepak Shah (Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics)
Sangeeta Shroff (Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics)
Kailash Thaware (Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics)
Lehman B. Fletcher
Notes for Contributors
Papers submitted to the Artha Vijnana should be original contributions and should not be under consideration for publication elsewhere at the same time. All submissions and correspondence should be addressed to the Managing Editor, Artha Vijnana, Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, BMCC Road, Pune 411004, India. Submissions of electronic versions of papers are welcome at the following email address: email@example.com
Submissions which do not conform to the journal's Style Sheet may be returned to respective authors for necessary revisions before publication.
Authors vest or license copyright in their articles including abstracts in the Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics. Authors may, of course, use the published material elsewhere provided prior permission is obtained from the Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics.
Contributors will receive twenty off-prints as well as single copy of the particular issue of Artha Vijnana in which the contribution appears.
- The manuscript should include a separate page(s) for title of the paper, the institutional affiliation(s) of the author(s) and acknowledgements and related matter, if any.
- The manuscript should be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 100 words. Footnotes should be numbered consecutively and should appear at the bottom of the corresponding pages.
- References should come at the end of the manuscript.
- The mathematical formulae and equations should be clearly written and numbered consecutively in the manuscript.
- Graphs, charts, etc., should be neatly drawn and presented; preferably art work or laser print of the same should be sent.
- Tables and graphs should be numbered consecutively and not according to the section in which they appear.
- Referencing in the text: Name of the author and year of publication are to be cited in brackets. For example: (Roy, 1973)
- Referencing in the References List: Names of the authors should be arranged according to the alphabetical order of surnames. The writing of references should follow the usual norms.
Chow, G.C. (1957), Demand for Automobiles in the United States: A Study of Consumer Durables, Amsterdam, North Holland.
Rothwell, R. and W. Zegveld (1982), Innovation and the Small and Medium Sized Firm, Frances Printer, London.
Leibenstein, H. and S. Maital (1992), Empirical Estimation and Partitioning of X-efficiency: Data Envelopment Approach, American Economic Review, 82 (2), pp. 428-433.
Notes for Publishers
For favour of review in Artha Vijnana, the publishers should send copies of the book / report / monograph to the Managing Editor. Artha Vijnana does not guarantee the review of all complementary / review copies received. Two off-prints of published review will be sent to the concerned publisher.
Artha Vijnana, started in March 1959, is a quarterly journal of Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics. This is a peer reviewed journal which publishes original articles in Economics and other social sciences. Artha Vijnana is published four times a year in March, June, September, and December. The ISSN number of the journal is 0971-586X.
Artha Vijnana Reprint Series
- Regional Planning - A Case Study of Marathwada Region by Sulabha Brahme, Kumud Pore, S. H. Pore, 1975
- Socio-Economic Change During Three Five-Year Plans (Based on a study of Rural Communities during 1953-1966) by Kumudini Dandekar and Vaijayanti Bhate, 1976
- Income, Saving and Investment in Agriculturally Progressive Areas in Ahmednagar District, Maharashtra State (1969-70 to 1971-72) by M. P. Khare, 1977
- Regional Input-Output Matrices India 1965 by P. Venkatramaiah, A. R. Kulkarni and Latika Argade, 1980
- Economic Benefits of Rural Electrification in Maharashtra - A Study of Four Districts by A. K. Mitra and S. W. Muranjan, 1981
- A Structural Study of India's Trade Dependence (1956-75) by S. V. Bokil, Vidya Pitre and R. Murty, 1982
- Growth Cycles in the Indian Economy by V. S. Chitre, 1982
- Structural Changes in Indian Economy: An Analysis with Input-Output Tables, 1951-63 by P. Venkatramaiah, A. R. Kulkarni and Latika Argade, 1984
- Role of Small Scale Industries in the Process of Industrialization in Pune and Aurangabad Districts of Maharashtra State: Report on a Study carried out under the Indo-Dutch Programme of Alternatives of Development by V. S. Patwardhan, 1985
- Quarterly Prediction of Reserve Money Multiplier and Money Stock in India: A Study prepared for the Committee to review the working of the Monetary System set up by the Reserve Bank of India by V. S. Chitre, 1986
- Income Inequality in East Europe by B. Debroy, 1986
- Family Welfare and M.C.H.Programme: Rural Nasik District 1984-85 by Vaijayanti Bhate and K. S. Srikantan, 1987
- Management of Social Forestry in Maharashtra by S. W. Muranjan, 1987
- Planning and Management of Surface Irrigation in Drought Prone Areas by Ashok K.Mitra, 1987
- Open Economy Macroeconomics and its Relevance to India (Selected Papers presented at the Workshop organised at Pune during 15th – 17th March 1990), 1991
- Appraisal of Watershed Development Programme Across Regions in India by R. S. Deshpande and A. Narayanamoorthy, 2000
- Economic Development of the Scheduled Castes with Special Reference to Agricultural Landless Labourers (Selected papers presented at the Workshop organised jointly with the Department of Social Welfare, Government of Maharashtra, at Pune during March 16-17, 2001), 2003