About the Library
Dhananjayarao Gadgil Library established in 1905 as a Public Library under the aegis of Servants of India Society with late Gopal Krishna Gokhale as one of its founding members. Since 1930, it serves as the Library of Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics (GIPE). It extends membership to public also and thereby performs the dual function of academic and public library as well. It has one of the largest and most important collections of social science documents in India catering to the needs of scholars, academicians, policy makers and other users working in social science subjects in India and abroad. Presently the Library is housed in a majestic four-storey building, which has a rare combination of colonial and modern architecture. Library is fully computerized from year 2000 with its OPAC accessible from http://22.214.171.124/w27/ and initiated its Institutional Repository DSpace@GIPE http://dspace.gipe.ac.in in the year 2011.
The Library offers Reading Room Facility, Lending Library Facilities, Inter Library Loan (ILL), Photocopying, and Documentation Services. The documentation service of the Library includes: Fortnightly List of Articles, Fortnightly List of Additions, Monthly Current Awareness Bulletin, etc.