Saylee, an Assistant Professor at Gokhale, is one of the newest members of our team. She teaches Microeconomics to students across the B.Sc. and M.Sc. programs. She coordinates placements for undergraduate students.
Before Gokhale, she taught in the Economics department at the Fergusson College (Autonomous), Pune. She has worked with the Urban Governance team at Janwani, a Pune-based non-profit.
She graduated from the Symbiosis School of Economics and did her M.A. in Economics from Fergusson College. She is currently pursuing PhD in Economics from GIPE. Urban governance, urban finance, and land economics are her research interests. She likes mentoring students and loves to read and travel.
- Book chapters
- Journal publications
- Co-authored a book chapter titled Macroeconomic Factors Affecting FDI Inflows into Emerging Economies—A Panel Study, in the “Trade, Investment and Economic Growth Issues for India and Emerging Economies” published by Springer in May 2021.
- Saylee Jog, May 2021, Importance of land valuation and property taxation for municipal finances: A case study of Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC) India, published as a part of the book of abstracts released by IGIDR and IBS Hyderabad at the 14th Doctoral Thesis Conference.
- Saylee Jog, April 2021. Challenges In Financing Sustainable Urban Land Use: A Case Study of Pune Municipal Corporation (PMC), India, in the International Journal of Advanced and Innovative Research (conference special)
- Worked as a Research Assistant with Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, on a District Survey, from February 2015 to June 2015.
- Project Coordinator at Janwani (Maharashtra Chamber of Commerce Industries and Agriculture- Drafted an approach paper for Hamara Bachpan Campaign, titled “Identifying gaps and probable entry points for improving the living conditions of children in slums of Pune – Pune Municipal Corporation Budget”
- Worked on the annual publication of the Maharashtra Chamber of Commerce Industries and Agriculture (MMCIA) Budget analysis,” My City…My Money! A brief summary of the PMC budget 2013-14”.
- Assessing the impact of COVID-19 on the Food-Energy-Water Nexus: Exploratory study with special reference to Pune, India – a research study in collaboration with Austrian Foundation of Development Research (OFSE) and Stanford University.
- Project Mentor for the publication of the Analysis of Pune Municipal Corporation Budget for the Year 2021-22, by Policy Research Organisation (PRO), Pune