Outreach Activities

Street Plays for Road Safety Awareness and Prevention of Corona

In an effort to create awareness about Road Safety, Accident Free Roads as well as prevention of Corona, the Institute collaborated with Pune Police, Traffic Department. The NSS volunteers of the Institute performed street plays at various important cross roads in the city on January 26, 2021, the Republic Day. Importance of usage of helmets and masks, importance of zebra crossing, seat belts, no drink drive and information about accident insurance scheme, vaccination for Corona were communicated to the citizens of Pune through these street plays and display of banners and flex.

Distribution Pamphlets on Good Samaritan Law

Sensitizing the citizens about Good Samaritan Law which protects Good Samaritans from harassment on the actions being taken by them to save lives of the road accident victims is extremely important. The NSS unit of the Institute handed over pamphlets highlighting the road safety rules and information on Good Samaritan Law for distribution to Mr Rajesh Puranik, Police Inspector, Pune Traffic Police Department in the month of January 2021.

Celebration of Parakram Divas

Gokhale Institute celebrated the 125th Birth Anniversary of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose. On this occasion, with an objective of creating awareness about Netaji’s life and contribution to the freedom struggle, an Elocution Competition as well as a Quiz Competition was organised to celebrate the Parakram Diwas on January 23rd, 2021.

Blood Donation Camp, December 2020

The NSS unit of the  Institute organised a Blood Donation Camp in collaboration with Regional Blood Bank, Sassoon General Hospital, in  December 2020 in the Institute campus in view of the need and very high demand for  blood by the Sassoon General Hospital. A team of 15 members including doctors, paramedical personnel and volunteers  from the Hospital  were present who were well prepared to ensure safe  blood donation  process. The noble cause of blood donation was successfully carried out by the Institute and a total of 31 units of blood were handed over to the Blood Bank.

Organisation of District and State Level Youth Parliament Festival 2020-21

District Level Youth Parliament Festival, a programme of  Ministry of Youth Affairs and  Sports, Government of India  was hosted  by Gokhale Institute Of Politics And Economics in collaboration with  NSS, Pune Division and Nehru Yuva Kendra Pune on December 28, 2020. A total of 56 youths comprising of   27 boys and 29 girls from various colleges of Pune district   participated  in this  online Parliament Festival. Participants were judged on the basis of 4 minutes  speech on topics of national interest and top three youths got selected for the State Level Parliament.

The State level Parliament was also hosted and   coordinated by the Institute   in collaboration with NSS, Pune Division and Nehru Yuva Kendra Pune on 4th Jan 2021. 72 youths comprising of   35 boys and  37 girls representing  various districts  participated in the event.  Shri Uday Samant, Hon. Minister of Higher and Technical Education, Government of Maharashtra addressed the participants. The winner of this  State Level Parliament was selected for  representing Maharashtra  in the  National Youth Parliament held on 11th and  12th January 2021 in the Central Hall of the Sansad Bhavan. The first and the second runner up were selected witnessing the event in Parliament.

Vaccination Drive

Recognising the importance of vaccinating the employees and the frontline workers, Gokhale Institute Of Politics And Economics  organised COVID -19 vaccination drive. The NSS wing of the Institute  collaborated with Pune Municipal Corporation to organised the  first dose vaccination  programme on 6th July 2021 for all age groups above 18 years of age. A team of 7 members including Doctor, paramedical personnel and social workers from  Kalawati Mavale PMC Hospital, Pune safely conducted the vaccination drive with the support from staff and authorities of the Institute.  In all, 165 participants got vaccinated. As a result of this drive,  around 88 percent  of the beneficiaries got their first dose while the rest 12 percent    got their  second dose and hence were fully  vaccinated.   The beneficiaries included not only the employees and the frontline workers  of the Institute, but also their family members, relatives and friends. The Institute thus reached out to the citizens and  facilitated their vaccination in its campus.